Keyword density for best search performance
Did you you know that the percentage of times a keyword appears on your web page compared to the total number of words on that page can have an impact on the page's ranking?
Sure it does, and it's called “Keyword Density.”
Mention a keyword or phrase too many times and search engines will likely frown at your site. Do it a little less than necessary and search engines may not pick up enough signals to rank the page for that particular keyword.
Simply put, you ought to get your keyword density just right for the best search performance. Not too much, not too little!
But how can you start calculating how many times keywords appear on a web page or blog post? Can you even do it accurately?
It turns out you'll have to get help from a reliable tool. And that's why we created this SST’s Keyword Density Checker.
About keyword density checker
Keyword Density Checker is a tool built solely for the purpose of calculating the keyword density of any web page.
The dev team at Toolslite created the tool after finding out that some marketers were still stuffing their content with loads of keywords even without realizing it. This left their websites suffering as Google does not want you to cram your content with keywords unnecessarily.
This tool solves that problem perfectly. It allows you to analyze either a whole web page using its URL or a piece of text by copying and pasting.
The simplest method of calculating keyword density is usually to divide the number of times a particular keyword is mentioned in a text by the total number of words in the text, and then multiply the result by one hundred to get your percentage.
But our Keyword Density tool does more than calculating keyword density. It actually checks for and analyzes ALL the top keywords used on the page or text that is being analyzed, and shows you the following metrics for better SEO performance and effective content optimization:
- The total number of keywords on that page.
- The page load time, if you're analyzing a URL.
- A tag cloud, detailing all the keywords used on the analyzed page or text.
- Top keywords used within the content, their frequency counts, and indicators showing whether or not the keywords have a title, description, or <H*>.
- Keyword density for each keyword or phrase used within the examined content, including their frequency of usage and percentage of usage. These calculations are broken down over descending tilts of one-word keywords, two-word keywords, three-word keywords, and four-word keywords.
This sort of sophisticated analysis allows you to easily define and become acquainted with the proportion and sum of keywords used within your content.